Call it the 5 o’clock whistle. The 5 o’clock send off. The weekend blastoff. The weekend work whistle. The Friday work whistle. Whatever. The point is, hardly anybody does this anymore, and it’s a shame. Below are the ONLY specimens I can find that aren’t some lame DJ blowing a referee’s whistle… but REAL Friday work whistles. Enjoy!
[EDIT: Update: Fixed Rapidshare link!]
It contains all the following:
1) WMXT 102.1 The Fox — Florence, SC — Better start, more music.
2) WROQ Rock 101.1 — Greenville, SC — Longer, more mixed in clips.
3) WKLS 96Rock — Atlanta, GA — The predecessor to 102.1′s version.
4) WHTZ Z-100 — New York City, NY — The version they did in 1984!
5) NEW!! Adam Curry – The Daily Source Code – Fubar Friday (short)
6) NEW!! WNKS KISS 95.1 — Charlotte, NC – Weekend Blast (short)
7) NEW!! WKLS Project 961 — Atlanta, GA — The ALL NEW version airing currently!